Tuesday, 12 May 2015

#SUMMEROFFESTIVALS CHOOSE ME

SUMMER OF FESTIVALS REPORTER
"Why should we choose her?" I hear you ask. Look at my acrostic and it will show you why... 

Cause I am perfect for this job. That not enough? Luckily I have 7 more letters to expand.
Happy happy happy soul. When everyone hits that travelling down point because they haven't slept for 48 hours and all they have lining their stomaches is a portion of cheesy chips from a questionable vendor - I will still be going. I did Jailbreak this year, essentially we had 52 hours to make it as far away from Cardiff and back as possible without spending any money on transport all in the name of charity (if you're interested read about it here). During this trip even when I thought we were going to be sleeping rough, I was more than happy to belt out Beautiful by Christina Aguilera at a karaoke bar like a girl who had a reservation at the Hilton.
Obsession with travel. I've got that infamous wanderlust. Even when I have a maxed out student overdraft I will always find the money to explore. I love seeing new places and immersing myself into new cultures, and then writing about it.
Open to anything. There is nothing like a new experience to get my tummy tossing and turning. Even if it is just a new item on the McDonalds menu - I get excited very easy.
Sucker for a good photo/video. I find it the best way to document all of my memories much to the dismay of my Mother who is subject to many of my selfies. Since I was a little bambino I have been obsessed with cameras and I would ask for the newest model every Christmas off Santa (sorry again Mum!). Also, I regularly play with my friend's GoPro so I know the logistics of the device.
Experience. I've had my blog for over a year now, and I love writing about all my adventures at home and away (all can be found on this URL that you are currently on). A professional high was being given a press pass to cover the Colour Festival in Cardiff (see it here). I have been lucky enough to be asked to cover the same event again this year. A personal favourite of my blog ramblings is the Tomorrowland experience (read about it here and here). I have also been published in many publications such as Cardiff Times, Buzz Magazine, Wales Online, Birmingham Mail (where I got to meet Hugh Grant, not sure of the relevancy but who doesn't appreciate a good name drop?!) and many more. I am also just about to graduate from Cardiff University with a degree in Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies (that more relevant?). 
Music makes the people come together. I had to quote from my idol Madonna there. I love music and have attended the infamous Tomorrowland and V Festival (twice) and I already have tickets for Love Saves The Day and X Festival for the end of May/start of June. I always go to as many gigs as I can throughout the year. Music and travel make for the perfect marriage in my head. If I was afforded the opportunity to spend a summer attending and writing about these events that I love so much it would be a dream come true (pardon the cliche but it's true!).



Expert in social media. I know everyone can probably call themselves that these days but I have an Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, blog - you name it I have it. And I did an entire module at uni called 'Social Media Trends' that taught me all the professional tricks of the trade which gives me that extra edge on these mediums.

Now a few photos that I've taken on my travels thrown in for good measure...










No comments:

Post a Comment